Thrillworks has big dreams, and we need some sales fire power to help ignite and inspire our continued growth. Are you a sales professional with solution-selling experience in a professional services environment? Do you know enough to be dangerous about all things digital? Do you love to dig into a client’s business to help solve their most challenging problems? Do you know what it takes to pique a prospect’s interest and maintain it?
If this sounds like you, the Business Development Manager might be the role for you. It’s a hands-on sales leadership role where you’ll be developing and managing an end-to-end sales cycle.
Reporting to the SVP Growth and collaborating closely with the extended growth team, you will develop and implement targeted sales strategies for Thrillworks to generate new business opportunities and manage their deals through to fruition.
In this newly created role at Thrillworks, you will initiate and lead our business development function as part of our small but mighty Growth department, which currently consists of our Marketing, Sales and Client Services functions.
Thrillworks is your solution for innovative web services that blend sound thinking and strategy, aesthetics, design and technology to maximize your business.
Web design and development is about creativity and technology. You need a perfect balance of both. We offer design that makes your website a pleasure to behold; and the technological expertise that makes it a pleasure to navigate.
Build a strong pipeline of opportunities:
- Leverage your network, our existing CRM contacts and other methodologies / tools (e.g. cold calls, LinkedIn, networking, events, etc.) to hunt for new opportunities
- Reach out to prospective clients with compelling offers to create initial meetings
- Lead the response to RFIs/RFPs and rally the team to develop killer responses
- Collaborate with the extended growth team (discipline SMEs) to prioritize and work these opportunities to move them along the sales funnel
End-to-end sales cycle management:
- Lead Management - Follow up on inbound leads / MQLs generated from our website, campaigns, events, etc.
- Lead Conversion - Convert leads into specific opportunities
- Opportunity Management – Move opportunities along the sales funnel through the stages: qualification, discovery, evaluation, contracting, and close.
- Opportunity Conversion - Convert opportunities into deals
Target accounts strategy:
- Devise a target accounts strategy, and a high-value target lists by industry, etc.
- Identify and pursue the right contacts at our high-value targets, leveraging tools such as LI Sales Navigator
- Work with our Marketing lead on implementing an account-based marketing (ABM) approach with customized messaging thought leadership and relevant CTAs
Negotiation and contracting:
- Work with the discipline leads to develop ideal team composition and budgets based on the proposed solution
- Work with our COO to negotiate and execute Master Services Agreements (MSAs)
- Write, negotiate and secure approvals / signatures on Statements of Work (SOWs)
Sales performance management:
- Set sales targets and maintain accurate sales forecasts
- Define and report on sales KPIs (e.g. activity and outcome measures)
- Recommend optimal sales resourcing to hit revenue targets
- Develop a strategy/process for lead management and conversion (e.g. outreach cadence/frequency, channels, messaging, etc.)
- Assess and scrub existing contacts in our Sales CRM and recommend a process for lead re-engagement
- Partner with Marketing to build out email lists for targeted marketing or content campaigns
Does this sound like you?
- Driven – As soon as you ascend one mountain, you’re looking for the next one.
- Tenacious - You’re goal-oriented and persistent in your pursuit of those goals, almost to the point of being pushy.
- Scrappy – You don’t take ‘no’ for an answer - If there’s a way to do it, you’ll find it.
- Curious – You love to learn and aren’t afraid to ask the tough questions.
- Fanatical – Sales is not just a job for you, It’s a passion.
- Agile worldview – You believe that you can make magic happen no matter the constraint or blockers.
- 5-7 years experience in a professional services business development role, ideally within a digital agency/consultancy/tech environment
- Persuasive communication skills and strong business acumen; an understanding of what motivates prospects to engage
- Proven success in building a strong pipeline and a track record of revenue generation
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
- Strong organization and time management skills; Can juggle many leads/opportunities in flight at a given time
- Well-networked and connected, ideally within the US market