Thrillworks has big goals and we need some marketing firepower to help ignite and inspire our continued growth. Would you consider yourself a renaissance marketer who knows enough to be dangerous across all aspects of marketing and is a digital expert? Are you a self-starter who loves getting outside your comfort zone and making a difference? Are you ready to take on a leadership role in marketing, but you still love to get your hands dirty? If you’re hard-wired for taking a different path, for making a difference, and for winning, this role might be for you!
The Marketing Director will help establish and strengthen the legend of Thrillworks in the hearts and minds of our prospective customers and candidates. In this newly created role at Thrillworks, you will lead and evolve our corporate marketing function as part of our small but mighty Growth department, which currently consists of our Sales and Client Services functions.
Reporting to the SVP of Growth and collaborating closely with the extended Growth team, you will develop and implement a marketing and lead generation strategy for Thrillworks that will build our brand equity and generate qualified leads.
Simply put, we help organizations take advantage of the potential of digital.
From websites to mobile apps to media campaigns and experiences, we conceptualize, create, and develop solutions that just work harder. Because to us, digital is more than a medium. It’s life. That’s the thrill.
Marketing Function Leadership:
- Set the overall marketing strategy for the agency.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute on all corporate marketing initiatives/campaigns.
- Identify and set marketing goals and benchmarks (e.g. MQLs, mentions, etc).
- Help us prioritize the highest value activities to achieve our goals.
- Identify how/when to grow our marketing team strategically and sustainably.
- Be a relentless advocate to drive our marketing efforts in service of our business goals.
Branding & Positioning:
- Work closely with our Strategy and Creative leads to continually evolve and crystallize our brand story and positioning.
- Ensure all our external touchpoints and materials fully reflect our corporate positioning and branding.
Corporate Website Management:
- Lead/direct our continuous website evolution to achieve our business goals.
- Ensure our website is continually up to date with valuable content, reflects our latest and greatest achievements, and is set up optimally for lead generation.
- Identify opportunities to enhance our search engine presence (SEO & SEM).
- Identify themes/topics that will resonate with our target customers, showcase our unique expertise/differentiators, and spark a conversation.
- Develop a content calendar based on strategic direction from leadership, which may include Blog posts, LinkedIn, videos, webinars, podcasts, social media posts, etc.
- Identify high-value speaking opportunities and manage calls for papers (e.g. in-person or virtual events).
- Identify gated content opportunities to capture leads.
Social Media & PR:
- Evolve and elevate our corporate social media strategy.
- Actively manage our owned social media channels.
- Develop strategies to generate media mentions, including close collaboration/leadership with our PR agency.
- Identify opportunities to build the sales pipeline through marketing qualified lead generation.
- Enable the Growth team with marketing/sales collateral (creds decks, case studies, sizzle reels, etc.).
- Identify the needs of the sales team, undertake gap analysis, and figure out a plan to fill them.
- Create and supply “hooks” for the sales team to use in outreach.
- Recommend/implement processes and tools to better enable lead capture and management, while integrating with our Sales CRM.
- Develop a strategy/process for lead nurturing (e.g. marketing drip campaign).
- Assess and scrub existing contacts in our Sales CRM and recommend a process for lead re-engagement.
- Build out email lists for targeted marketing or content campaigns.
As a Marketing Director, you’re:
- Driven – As soon as you ascend one mountain, you’re looking for the next one.
- Tenacious - You’re goal-oriented and persistent in your pursuit of those goals... almost to the point of being pushy.
- Scrappy – You don’t take ‘no’ for an answer - If there’s a way to do it, you’ll find it.
- Curious – You love to learn and aren’t afraid to ask tough questions.
- Fanatical – Marketing is not just a job for you, it’s a passion.
- Agile worldview – You are okay making decisions with imperfect information and embrace a ‘test and learn’ approach.
Your role as a Marketing Director requires:
- 7-10 years experience in a corporate Marketing role, ideally within an Agency, Consultancy, and/or Tech environment.
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of what exceptional marketing copy looks like.
- Proven success in Marketing Lead Generation and Management.
- Self-starter with an agile mindset and the ability to pivot based on changing real-world information.
- Strong organization and project management skills; Can collaborate with a busy team and produce results.
Thrillworks is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind, as we believe in Diversity & Inclusion as a way to build stronger and successful teams. Accommodation is offered to all candidates upon request.
Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check may be required for employment.
No agency calls.