Thrillworks is looking for a curious individual to help identify and build products and services people actually want. We’ll do this by helping teams apply a human-centred design approach (user research, rapid prototyping and iterative design) in order to discover meaningful insights, drive great design and innovation for both end-users and internal teams. We strive to put our users at the centre of everything we do; by focusing on their intrinsic needs, wants and feelings, we strive to deliver real-world and practical innovation.
This role and function are paramount to our product practice, where we’ll identify, de-risk and validate new concepts and ideas in order to build confidence that we’re doing the right things for the organization and users.
This is a 4-week contract with some potential to be extended.
Simply put, if it lives on a screen in the digital world, we build it.
From websites to mobile apps to media campaigns, and everything else in between, we build it all with humanity to delight your customers and rapidly achieve returns on your digital investment. Our team is there every step of the way to bring that experience to life. Because to us, digital is more than a medium, more than a lifestyle – it is life.
- Design, plan and execute user research (including sample design, screeners, field guides, etc) in order to identify user signals and pain points.
- Synthesize and interpret systems-level patterns and frameworks.
- Communicate and tell stories using writing, visuals, and verbal communication.
- Make research findings relevant and impactful to a diverse set of end-users (senior management, designers, product delivery teams) through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, experiences, and user stories.
Your role as a UX Researcher requires
- 2 to 3 years of qualitative research experience, including the ability to scope a research process, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews, and do desk research.
- Strong grounding in UX principles, best practices and digital consumer behaviour
- Ability to synthesize research findings, uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design.
- High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Degree in a relevant field (human factors, sociology, psychology, anthropology, innovation) is a plus.
- Technical skills in tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, and Figma.
Thrillworks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind, as we believe in Diversity & Inclusion as a way to build stronger and successful teams. Accommodation is offered to all candidates upon request.
Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check may be required for employment.
No Agency calls.