Candidate can be remote but will be required to work in EST timezone
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, a Tech Lead will provide leadership, mentorship, and technical guidance to their projects and team. You will help oversee the professional and technical growth and development of a team of engineers and take a leadership role in the strategy and architecture of multiple projects.
Thrillworks is your solution for innovative web services that blend sound thinking and strategy, aesthetics, design and technology to maximize your business.
Web design and development is about creativity and technology. You need a perfect balance of both. We offer design that makes your website a pleasure to behold; and the technological expertise that makes it a pleasure to navigate.
- Coach engineers to grow their impact through recognition of their strengths, agreement on development goals, suggestions of skill development resources, and holding them accountable, including the development of leadership characteristics—both technical and people-driven— among your reports
- Shape your team through hiring, giving direct and caring feedback, coaching on performance, both technical and interpersonal, and firing when it’s best for the team and the individual
- Take accountability for your team’s output (at the sprint and quarterly goal levels, the team’s professional reputation, your team’s opinions about product & organizational strategy, and your team’s relationships inside and outside the team—both from yourself and from each individual
- Delegate some of your work to your direct reports as a strategic tool to help you scale your team, including setting clear expectations about goals, checkpoints, and the degree of your own involvement while delegating
- Unblock your team to deliver excellent work within the constraints of the business, including appropriately intervening for your team on incoming requests, proactively planning and mitigating issues with cross-functional teams, and actively planning with your management and peer support structure
- Provide technical leadership at a project level. This is a hands-on role and while you may not be spending all day writing code on the critical path you will still need to roll up your sleeves and be involved in ensuring the technical success of multiple projects along with the rest of the engineering team (i.e.: code reviewing PRs).
- Express server expertise Express server expertise
- Expertise with GraphQL
- Socket.io expertise
- Comfortable working with streams
- Expert in the use of Git and deployment pipelines
- Experience building robust, scaling applications
- Experience architecting and documenting RESTful APIs
- Interest or experience with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud or other Cloud Platforms
- Architecting serverless solutions
- Experience with headless CMS platforms (Contentful, Prismic)
- DevOps automation flows
- Experience with lean/agile methodologies
- React, Angular, or Vue experience