Thrillworks is a modern digital marketing agency that excels at delivering magical, jaw-dropping and award-winning work for its clients. Built around a culture of creativity, innovation and passionate people, Thrillworks partners with leading-edge clients to exceed their expectations. Reporting to the Technology Director, the Solutions Architect role is essential in ensuring the success of our clients. You have a solid background in software architecture, team leadership, working closely with clients in an active partnership model and leading cross-functional teams in building complex solutions. Your written and verbal communication skills should rival that of your technical expertise, and you can explain complex concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Thrillworks is your solution for innovative web services that blend sound thinking and strategy, aesthetics, design and technology to maximize your business.
Web design and development is about creativity and technology. You need a perfect balance of both. We offer design that makes your website a pleasure to behold; and the technological expertise that makes it a pleasure to navigate.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work directly with our clients from our first conversations all the way through to final delivery. You will be instrumental in defining the overall approach to how organizations architect their solutions as well as helping them grow as companies by:
- Being primarily engaged in a technical consultancy role, providing technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customer's technical and business capabilities in order to design an appropriate solution
- Developing strategies to achieve quality work and the desired client results
- Working with the Technology Director, Strategy and Creative on proposals and initial explorations with clients
- Understanding client objectives and ensuring Thrillworks has the correct team composition to be successful
- Taking responsibility for estimating and proposing innovative solutions for projects
- Taking a very active role in shaping the Thrillworks' technical best practices and ensuring effective knowledge transfer across the team
- Working with Thrillworks teams from management, delivery and client services to make sure we are always producing the right results for our clients
- Having an "always learning" attitude, and being ahead of the curve with your understanding of Modern software architecture
- Being playful and experimental with technology. We have our established tech stack but will never fall into the trap of “we’ve always done it this way” so you should be comfortable jumping in and prototyping with new platforms and frameworks as they come up.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- 7+ Years of client-facing technical leadership
- Strong experience with designing solutions and architectures
- Understanding of full-stack solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills - we are a close-knit team and work together to solve problems
- Passionate about learning - you’ll help identify new technologies and approaches to problems
- Proactive and self-starter - we hire folks that have a sincere desire to do better and be better
- Demonstrated expertise in our existing technical stack with a strong track record in learning and adopting new frameworks and platforms
- Contentful, Prismic